Hosted by the EA
Date: Apr 6 2016 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Location: Weinert Center
Do you plan to work in or run a small business? Come learn from the expert! On April 6th at 6:00pm at the Weinert Center, Luella Schmidt of Fine Point consulting will be giving a small group presentation about small business finances. Fine Point consulting provides:
- Startup CFO
- Nonprofit CFO
- Help reconciling your accounts, setting up policies and internal controls, paying your employees, or tracking your accounts payable and accounts receivable
We’ve asked Luella to cover these questions plus more:
- Best tools for tracking small business finances and benefits/drawbacks of each (programs, resources, etc. i.e. Quickbooks, etc.)
- Time saving tips for the small business entrepreneur and finance (small shops often lack the time to put towards finances)
- Best practices for obtaining small business loans from banks. What types of loans are available out there, what do banks look for in order to set these up.
- Are there resources available for entrepreneurs that lack financial background (Other than a few undergrad classes, I had to basically teach myself finance for our business. Many others have even less experience).
- Tax season requirements for small businesses.
- When it comes time to hire a “finance person,” what are the best things to look for and when do you know its time to hire such a person?